When I opened the reports this morning I was surprised to see that the SEO Smart Links plugin has hit 100,000 USD in sales. Yay!
That also brings the interesting thought that the whole WordPress premium plugin market is probably worth around 10 million USD at this moment considering the amount of plugins out there.
The premium theme market is probably worth even more, around 30-40 million USD.
The whole story about the production of the plugin and how it became so successful is available here: How I made $80,000 with a single WordPress plugin.
- Interesting WordPress GPL implications
- How I made $80,000 with a single WordPress plugin
- Adding commercial intent to WordPress sites, a solution for plugin developers?
- Away from WordPress, away from life…
- Plimus for WordPress plugin released