I am surprised that a number of people applying for a development/design positions at my company still do not have an elementary idea of what should they put in their CV.
Here are a few tips:
- If you are a programmer, please show me the link to your github profile. It will tell me more than all the courses and classes you have attended.
- If you are an UI designer, please show me the link to your dribbble profile. It better be good too.
- Under no circumstances, and I mean even if the sky is falling, do not, I repeat, do not write in your CV that you know how to use the Office package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). We are in 2013 for God’s sake and you are applying to work in an Internet startup.
- A lesson from life
- Starting a start-up, all the good stuff
- Startup Ideas I’d like to invest in
- Microsoft doesn’t care about IE compatibility why should we?
- Facebook comments vs Blog comments