Peter Thiel says that the “the Valley is focusing too much on 140 characters and not enough on flying cars” and this message resonated really well with me.
There is so much money floating around and it’s being invested to startups that really solve no problem. Even worse, some of them basically invent the problem and then try to convince us that we had it all along.
The recent and absurd $1bn purchase of Instagram by Facebook only adds the insult to the injury to the sad and painful state tech is in.
What happened to sending people to other planets, solving our fossil fuel dependency, and other grandiose projects? Is moving from LCD to LED really the best thing we can come up with these days?
- How I didn’t go to Cayman Islands
- How (not) to turn $3000 to $5000 in two weeks
- Why is Facebook worth more then Ford and AMD combined
- Your website is your second home
- How long have I been here